Here are 12 things you can do!
There are a lot of ways you can support the anti-war & international solidarity activists that are under attack by the FBI. Want to help but not sure what you can do? Look no further!
- Get on our local email announcement list so you know what’s happening with the case and find out about upcoming events, activities and protests. Sign up here: http://groups.google.com/group/stopfbi-mn?hl=en
- Sign the national petition. Click here to sign on and auto- matically send your protest letter to the appropriate officials: http://stopfbi.net/sign-the-petition/
- Contact or email President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder with the 3 demands. President Obama – 202-456- 1111 or http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact and US Attorney General Eric Holder – 202-353-1555 or email@example.com.
- Contact your legislators and ask them to speak out publicly against FBI and grand jury harassment of anti-war activists. Use this legislator finder: www.gis.leg.mn/OpenLayers/districts/ to see who your state and national legislators are.
- Talk to your friends, co-workers and family about the case. There are factsheets and back- ground info on the case at stopfbi.net.
- Get your organization to pass a resolution in support of the activists. Some sample resolutions are at http://stopfbi.net/solidarity-statements/
- Invite a speaker to come talk about the case to your student group, church group, union, school, or whatever group of people you want. Call us at 612-379-3585 to arrange for a speaker.
- Write a letter to the editor or article in a local (or national!) newspaper.
- Make a donation. You can make a donation at http://stopfbi.net/donate/ or mail a check to “Committee to Stop FBI Repression” to PO Box 14183, Minneapolis, MN 55414. If you want to do- nate something other than money (computers, office supplies, copies, etc), call us at 612-379-3585.
- Volunteer. If you have time and want to help out, there’s always a need for help with things like out- reach, flyer distribution, and office-type tasks. Give us a call – 612-379-3585.
- Come to our next action. Find out about upcoming local actions by signing up on our announce- ment email list (see above) or call us at 612-379-3585 to find out what’s coming up.
- Come to the next meeting of the local Committee to Stop FBI Repression. Call 612-379-3585 for the next meeting time and location.