- 1500 join Minnesota march in solidarity with Gaza | Fight Back! - Read More → . . . . .
- Israel on the rampage again; ALL OUT for Palestine this weekend! - Read More → . . . . .
- Action Alert: Call Congress to say NO aid to Israel! Stop the Supporting the Attack on Gaza! - Read More → . . . . .
- US OUT OF THE ASIA-PACIFIC REGION! NO TO THE US “PIVOT” TO ASIA! | BAYAN-USA - Read More → . . . . .
- Israel’s West Bank Operation: Causes & Consequences | Al-Shabaka - Read More → . . . . .
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian in Jenin, destroy 2 houses in Hebron, and launch airstrikes on Gaza | International Solidarity Movement - Read More → . . . . .
- Pride Crossword Puzzle Solution! - Read More → . . . . .
- The Looting Of Ukraine Has Begun - Read More → . . . . .
- Anti-War Committee Responds to the Unsealing of Secret FBI Files on their Organizing - Read More → . . . . .
- Anti-War Committee Says U.S. Hands Off Venezuela & Ukraine - Read More → . . . . .
Posted on AlterNett on January 24, 2011
Today, citizens across the country are joining together to protest the ongoing FBI raids and subpoenas of Palestinian and Colombian solidarity activists. Nine of the 23 targeted thus far have been called to testify today in front of a grand jury in Chicago, IL.
Dating back to September, peace activists nation-wide have been subjected to home raids and FBI questioning as part of an ongoing investigation. Though no charges have been made, those called to testify Tuesday are being questioned for possibly providing material support to groups identified by the US government as terrorist organizations. In Summer 2010, to the objection of numerous humanitarian groups, the Supreme Court ruled that such support could include providing information on how to conduct peaceful protests and advocating against violence.
View Calendar Add Add