- Anti-War Committee Responds to the Unsealing of Secret FBI Files on their Organizing - Read More → . . . . .
- Anti-War Committee Says U.S. Hands Off Venezuela & Ukraine - Read More → . . . . .
- Documents for raids on anti-war activists unsealed - Read More → . . . . .
- Opening Day Protest at the State Capitol to Raise the Welfare Grants! - Read More → . . . . .
- What Is Really Happening in Syria Today? Live via Skype: Mother Agnes-Mariam of the Cross - Read More → . . . . .
- Minneapolis protest marks Human Rights Day | Fight Back! - Read More → . . . . .
- 2013 Year End Appeal: Please support the Anti-War Committee - Read More → . . . . .
- U.S. makes plans to keep thousands of troops in Afghanistan | Fight Back! - Read More → . . . . .
- Report from Teach-In & Speak-Out on Syria (October 20, 2013) - Read More → . . . . .
- Call for A Day of International Solidarity with the Colombian People’s Peace Process - Read More → . . . . .
Posted on AlterNett on January 24, 2011
Today, citizens across the country are joining together to protest the ongoing FBI raids and subpoenas of Palestinian and Colombian solidarity activists. Nine of the 23 targeted thus far have been called to testify today in front of a grand jury in Chicago, IL.
Dating back to September, peace activists nation-wide have been subjected to home raids and FBI questioning as part of an ongoing investigation. Though no charges have been made, those called to testify Tuesday are being questioned for possibly providing material support to groups identified by the US government as terrorist organizations. In Summer 2010, to the objection of numerous humanitarian groups, the Supreme Court ruled that such support could include providing information on how to conduct peaceful protests and advocating against violence.
View Calendar Add Add