There is an important nationwide call for protest this weekend to oppose U.S. intervention in Afghanistan, Iraq, and the world. Locally we will be marching in the protest on Saturday being organized by the Iraq Peace Action Coalition. The event details are below. As the Obama administration investigates and threatens to jail our movement leaders and as the world debates military intervention in Libya is it now more important than ever for all progressive voices to be heard and seen in the streets opposing U.S. intervention and militarism.
At the march this Saturday the Committee to Stop FBI Repression will be marching as a contingent. We urge you to find us at the starting location of the protest where we will be holding bright orange stop the witch hunt flags. We will also be flyering the crowd and passing out stickers. Please meet us at 12:30 if you’d like to help us educate people at what could be the largest anti-war protest in the Twin Cities this spring.
Thank you for your support and we hope to see you Saturday in St. Paul.
– The Committee to Stop FBI Repression
National day of local anti-war protests
- Saturday, March 19, 2011
- 1:00 pm gather Martin Luther King Community Center, 270 North Kent Street, St. Paul
- 1:30 pm march Through the streets of St. Paul
- 2:15 pm rally State Capitol Building
March together to demand:
- Bring the Troops Home Now
- Out of Afghanistan – End the War – Don’t Extend it!
- All U.S. Troops Out of Iraq
- How is the war economy working for you? Funds for Jobs, Housing, Health Care & Veterans Benefits, Not War!
- Say No to new U.S. wars in Pakistan, Yemen, Iran, Africa, Korea…
- End U.S. aid to the occupation of Palestine
- Opposing War is Not A Crime – Being Muslim is Not a Crime –
- Stop Attacks on Civil Liberties and Democratic Rights
Spring Actions to Bring the Troops Home Now – Initiated by Iraq Peace Action Coalition
For more information: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194653517220000 <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194653517220000> , 612-522-1861 <tel:612-522-1861> or 612-827-5364 <tel:612-827-5364>, antiwarcommittee.org <http://antiwarcommittee.org/> or worldwidewamm.org <http://worldwidewamm.org/> .