- President Obama has declared the Syrian Opposition Coalition the official representative of the Syrian people. This recognition is a step towards legitimizing further US military intervention in Syria.
- U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta recently signed an order to send two Patriot missile batteries to Turkey with 400 American personnel.
- The USS Eisenhower, an American aircraft carrier that holds eight fighter-bomber squadrons and 8,000 men, has arrived at the Syrian coast, indicating US preparation for a potential ground intervention.
- There is fear-mongering rhetoric reminiscent of the war on Iraq. The Obama administration continues its claims that Syria will use chemical weapons against its own people, providing the US with a rationale for inflicting “consequences” on Syria.
- The US has been waging a secret war on Syria for more than a year, including setting up command centers in Turkey, providing Syrian rebels with training, and coordinating weapons shipments to rebel forces.
It is critical that President Obama and Congress hear from us:
NO to US War on Syria
NO to ALL forms of US military intervention
Including military aid and training to rebels, logistical support, no-fly zones, CIA involvement, drone attacks, assassinations, military observers, private contractors, and military troops.
- email the White House
- Call President Obama: White House switchboard 202-456-1414
- Call your Senators and Representatives: 877-429-0678
From WAMM worldwidewamm.org